- What Is The Best Workout Machine To Lose Weight?
- The Raw Food Diet Plan
- Is Date Sugar A Healthy Alternative Sweetener?
- The Engine 2 Diet
- Going On A Diet May Have The Same Effects As Drug Withdrawal
- Lack Of Sleep Has Some Scary Side-Effects
- 7 Healthy Alternatives To Coffee
- Why You Should Never Use Splenda And 3 Healthy Alternatives
- The Volumetrics Diet Plan
- How To Start Working Out In The Morning
How To Get Rid Of Neck Fat
If you are trying to get rid of neck fat then you probably should know that there’s really no way of targeting ONE area for fat loss.
The only way to get rid of just one area of fat is with cosmetic surgery which can be very dangerous and tends to not last in the long run (you’ll eventually gain that weight right back).
However, there are ways that you can slim down quickly and easily without starving yourself (which doesn’t work) and spending 8 hours a day in the gym. In this article I will go over some things you can do that are not hard that will help you lose not only neck weight, but weight all over your body. This is how you have to approach any kind of weight loss. If you want lose weight on your neck, belly, arms, legs, back, etc., you have to do it by losing weight over your whole body.
I do provide some neck exercises below that will help tone and strengthen your neck muscles which in turn will help you burn the fat on your neck much faster. These exercises will not, however, just burn the fat off of your neck. To do this you’ll need an overhaul of your diet and exercise routines.
Eating For A Skinny Neck
To lose weight effectively in any area of your body requires you to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Try to include foods that will help boost your metabolism so you burn more calories exercising (or just doing your day to day activities).
Here are some tips for eating right and boosting your metabolism so that you can slim down your neck and the rest of your body:
Try to limit the amount of caffeine that you consume. Caffeine can inhibit your ability to feel hunger. This may sound like a good idea but it will only force your body into starvation mode. This means your body will be more likely to store fat instead of burning it. Also, caffeine has been found to increase Cortisol levels in your body. Cortisol is a stress hormone that can increase the amount of fat that your body stores.
How To Eat Away Your Neck Fat:
- Eat breakfast! Some people aren’t hungry in the morning. I know, because I used to be one of them. But you need to overcome this. Eating a balanced breakfast every morning is crucial to maintaining a high, calorie burning metabolism.
- Drink plenty of water. Water not only flushes out your system, hydrates your skin, and gives you energy, but it also raises your metabolism. Staying hydrated will give you more energy, will help you sleep, and will keep you feeling better all over. If you work somewhere that you don’t have access to water then take a water bottle or a thermos full of water with you.
- Eliminate stress. Stress causes you’re body to store fat and also causes you to stress eat. It’s a natural occurrence but can be delt with. Try Yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises to lower and eliminate stress.
- Eat small, eat often. Try eating 6 small meals a day containing fish, lean meats, nuts, whole-grains, fruit, and vegetables. Cut out the processed fats and sugars.
- Get some sleep. Not getting the optimum amount of sleep will slow down your metabolism.
How To Get Rid Of Neck Fat
Exercise For A Skinny Neck
You should engage in daily, strenuous cardiovascular exercises (consult your doctor before starting any exercise regimen) if you want to be successful in losing weight. Experts recommend doing anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes of exercise daily. Now, this doesn’t mean putting on your spandex and going to the local gym. You can simply go for a walk in the park or play with your kids in the back yard. Find something you enjoy doing. Losing neck fat or fat anywhere else on your body can not be achieved without exercise. So find something you like and stick with it.
These neck exercises, along with cardiovascular exercises and diet, will help you lose neck fat.
The Lying Face Down Neck Raise
You’ll need a small bench for this exercise. If you don’t have a small bench you can try using the coffee table. Here’s how you do it: Lie face down on your belly on the bench or coffee table with your chest right at the top so your head and neck extend past the edge of the table or bench. Now place both hands behind your head. Starting with your head pointed down, slowly move your head up as high as you can utilizing ONLY the muscles in your neck. Slowly lower your head back down and repeat. Do 10-20 reps.
The Head, Shoulder Tilt
This is a great exercise but it’s also a great way to loosen and warm up your neck. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and slowly turn your head from one side to the other as far as you can. Think of it as an exaggerated “No.”
The Side To Side
Standing with your feet shoulder-width apart you want to place your right hand flat on the side of your head. Now, firmly push your head against your right hand. What you want to accomplish here is to not allow your head to move. So there will be a constant tension on the muscles in your neck. You want to push against your right hand for 10 seconds. Once the 10 seconds is up you switch to the other side. Do 5 reps for each side.
Remember if you’re just starting out exercising to go slowly. You may not be able to do that many reps. Don’t overdo it as you may cause an injury. And, as always, consult your doctor before engaging in any new diet or exercise program.