- What Is The Best Workout Machine To Lose Weight?
- The Raw Food Diet Plan
- Is Date Sugar A Healthy Alternative Sweetener?
- The Engine 2 Diet
- Going On A Diet May Have The Same Effects As Drug Withdrawal
- Lack Of Sleep Has Some Scary Side-Effects
- 7 Healthy Alternatives To Coffee
- Why You Should Never Use Splenda And 3 Healthy Alternatives
- The Volumetrics Diet Plan
- How To Start Working Out In The Morning
The Top 14 Dance Videos To Lose Weight
If you love to dance or you simply enjoy music then dancing may be a great option for you to lose weight.
The key to weight loss is simply burning more calories than you take in. It’s a simple idea but it’s not easily implemented. Sure , you can try fad diets or “extreme” workouts to slim down. Lots of people do. But, why not do something you enjoy to lose weight? Why not start eating healthy delicious foods instead of starving on some fad diet?
Dancing is an excellent way to burn up lots of calories while having a great time. If you combine dancing with healthy eating, you will, I guarantee, reach your weight loss goals.
What Dancing Can Do For You
The National Dance Association says that dance will increase flexibility, tone, strength and even improve your mood and your mental function.
For a 155 lb. person, 30 minutes of ballroom dancing, square dancing or disco dancing will burn 205 calories; slow dancing, waltzing or foxtrotting will burn 112 calories; and fast dancing or ballet will burn 223 calories. The number of calories you burn during these activities may be higher or lower based on your body weight and how vigorously you exercise. Depending on the style, between eight and 16 hours of dance will result in 1 lb. of weight loss (source).
What Type of Dancing Is Right For You?
You have many different types of dance to choose from. However, the one you pick should have something to do with your experience and the shape you’re in. If you’ve never danced before you should try a beginner’s hip-hop dvd. Ballroom dancing, on the other hand is much more complicated and requires that you have a partner (so it may not be the best dvd option).
There’s also tap, jazz, modern, ballet, contemporary, line, zumba, pole, and more.
Maybe A Class?
If you want a really good “education” in dance I suggest you join a class instead of buying a dvd. It may cost a little more but you’ll get hands-on instruction from a trained professional plus you’ll be able to meet interesting people with similar goals and interests (which really helps when you’re trying to lose weight).
Check your local gyms and YMCAs for dance class times and pricing structures.
How To Dance Your Ass Off
The Top 14 Dance Videos
Here I’ve listed the top 14 dance videos based on reviews on Amazon. There are many to choose from so take your time and browse until you find one that really intrigues you. Just make sure you read the reviews before you buy.
(These are in no particular order)
1. 10 Minute Solution: Fat Blasting Dance Mix
2. Dance off the Inches: Hip Hop Party
3. Richard Simmons – Disco Sweat
4. Pussycat Dolls Workout
5. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners: Hula Abs & Buns
6. Belly Dance For Beginners
7. Luscious – The Bellydance Workout for Beginners
8. Bellydance Fitness for Beginners: Slim Down
9. Ballet Body Signature Series Lower Body Workout
10. Bellydance Fitness for Weight Loss featuring Rania (Cardio Shimmy/Bellydance Boogie/Hip Drop Hip Hop/Pure Sweat)
11. Dance Fitness for Beginners with MaDonna Grimes: African Beat – Latin Heat
12. Zumba Exhilarate Body Shaping System DVD Set
13. Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set
14. Dance Off the Inches: Country Line Dance Party
Dancing to lose weight is no different than any other type of exercise so make sure you talk to your doctor before you start. Also, make sure you go at a pace that’s suitable for your level of fitness. Don’t go too hard if you can’t handle it. You don’t want to risk an injury.