- What Is The Best Workout Machine To Lose Weight?
- The Raw Food Diet Plan
- Is Date Sugar A Healthy Alternative Sweetener?
- The Engine 2 Diet
- Going On A Diet May Have The Same Effects As Drug Withdrawal
- Lack Of Sleep Has Some Scary Side-Effects
- 7 Healthy Alternatives To Coffee
- Why You Should Never Use Splenda And 3 Healthy Alternatives
- The Volumetrics Diet Plan
- How To Start Working Out In The Morning
How To Stop Hunger Without Eating
One of the biggest obstacles to losing weight is hunger. No matter why you’re trying to lose weight, hunger cravings are sometimes impossible to overcome.
The problem that most people run into when dieting is that they have to cut back on eating certain foods and when you do that, inevitably, you develop hunger pangs. Because you’re not eating as much as you used to your body produces hormones that pulsate through your body causing an increase in your appetite which causes the hunger pangs. This inevitably leads to cravings for certain foods that are sometimes so strong you can’t overcome them with willpower alone. This is why you need to know how to stop hunger without eating.
The good news is that you can learn how to control hunger without eating. There are a few things you can do to drastically reduce your hunger (or at least make it manageable). The one thing you need to make sure you understand about learning how to stop hunger without food is that going for long periods of time without eating is VERY detrimental to your health and can actually cause you to gain more weight in the long run.
So my advice is to simply adjust your diet and exercise program to include more food. However if you want to know how to stop cravings without eating then you can try some of the tips I have listed below.
How To Satisfy Hunger Without Eating
1. One of the best ways to stop hunger without consuming calories is to drink water. So, how does drinking water help you lose weight? Well, water has zero calories. Actually, if you drink ice water, your body has to expend calories to heat it up. So if you feel intense hunger pangs coming on try drinking a BIG glass of ice water. If you’re craving something sweet try a zero calorie sweet drink of sorts. Just don’t drink too much of a beverage with artificial sweeteners because research is starting to show that these beverages actually make you crave MORE carbohydrates.
2.Drink green tea for weight loss (you can also use black tea). This also requires that you consume something but green tea works a lot like water only that it actually increases your metabolism! Green tea also contains substances that regulate the hormones that make you hungry. It decreases the production of hormones that make you hungry and actually increases the production of the hormones that make you feel full. Also, green and black tea contain caffeine and caffeine has been proven to reduce appetite.
3.Get some sleep! If you find that you’re constantly hungry throughout the day it may be because you’re not getting enough sleep. Research has shown that not getting enough sleep causes the production of a hormone called Ghrelin. This hormone actually increases your hunger. So try to get some more sleep. Go to bed an hour earlier and see how it effects you. Also, if you’re feeling hungry and you don’t want to eat try taking a short thirty-minute nap.
4.Get out of the house. If you’re hungry try taking a LONG walk. Or if you feel up to it, go for a jog. Try any type of cardiovascular exercise. You can swim, ride your bike, go for a walk, play some basketball, tennis, football, etc. Good exercises to lose weight produce Peptide YY, a hormone that suppresses appetite.
5.Do something fun! If you feel some crazy cravings coming on then go and do something. Distract yourself. Go shopping! Go look at new cars. Go to the bookstore. Go to the music store. Just get out of the house. You want to get away from food if you can. Try going to the movies (just ignore the concession stand). Take a bath or shower. Go to the golf course. Give your friend a call or even pop in a Yoga video. Do whatever you can to take your mind off of the cravings.
6.Try brushing, flossing, and rinsing your mouth. This is a weird idea but it works. If your mouth is very clean then you’re much less likely to stuff food into it.
7.One way to prevent cravings is to NOT skip meals. People think that skipping meals means that they miss those calories that they would have eaten. This usually isn’t true. So don’t skip any meals (especially breakfast). When you do eat make sure you eat foods that are high in fiber because fiber will keep you fuller longer.
How To Beat Food Cravings