When you’re trying to lose weight there are foods that you can eat and there are foods that you shouldn’t eat. Then there are foods that you absolutely should avoid at all costs.
If you want to know what NOT to eat then read the list below as it includes all the foods and types of foods you should be avoiding like the plague if you want to lose weight successfully.
What Not To Eat To Lose Weight
1. Soda. This includes diet soda. Did you know that if you stopped drinking sugary drinks and sodas that you could lose almost 40 pounds in one year! So quit drinking soda if you want to lose weight (or just for your general health).
2. Coffee. Coffee is delicious and gives you that morning buzz but it can also cause you to have food cravings. This includes any of those sugar-laden coffee drinks from your local coffee shop. If you have to have coffee then try a small cup of black coffee with a bit of skim milk. If you’re at the coffee shop order a small, unflavored latte with skim milk.
3. Booze. Did you know that 90 calories of Vodka can slow your metabolism way down? Also, alcohol is just refined juice which means it’s sugar that’s concentrated so it WILL make you gain weight.
4. Anything processed and anything that’s sugary, greasy, salty, or fatty. This includes cake, fast food, chips, ice cream, pie, candy, etc. The way that these foods are processed makes you WANT to eat them. They’re like cigarettes in that the ingredients are addictive and keep you wanting more and more.
5. Avoid any packaged foods that lists its main source of carbs as sugar. Also, don’t purchase or eat foods that contain corn syrup or hydrogenated oils.
6. Avoid multi-grained products and opt for Whole Grain products instead.
7. Fruit juice. Fruit juice has a LOT of sugar in it (even when it’s all natural). Opt for the actual fruit instead.
8. Anything made with white flour.
9. Boxed cereals.
10. Movie popcorn (or any snacks at the theater).
11. Canned fruits (usually these are high in sugar and calories – much more so than the fresh variety).
12. Use your head! If you think it’s bad for you then more than likely it is. Don’t go for that hamburger and french fries with a milkshake if you’re trying to lose weight. Don’t get anything breaded or fried. Don’t eat a big fatty steak with baked potato and cream cheese. If you think it’s bad, it probably is.
What Do People Eat To Lose Weight?
If you want to lose weight you should be drinking plenty of water. Water flushes out your system and also raises your metabolism. You can drink green tea as it also raises your metabolism and contains healthy antioxidants.
Try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as you can. With fruits and vegetables really nothing is off limits (just don’t deep-fry them or cover them in butter). Also, lean meats, fish, and whole grains are ideal.
Your best bet to lose weight by eating a healthy diet is to learn how to cook (or start cooking if you know how). You can find TONS of healthy and delicious low calorie recipes online. Or, if you don’t have the time you can try ready-made diets like Nutrisystem.
These programs are very structured and may be ideal for those looking for a diet to help them lose weight. They can be a bit expensive but if you can afford them and you are ready to lose weight they are a great alternative.