- What Is The Best Workout Machine To Lose Weight?
- The Raw Food Diet Plan
- Is Date Sugar A Healthy Alternative Sweetener?
- The Engine 2 Diet
- Going On A Diet May Have The Same Effects As Drug Withdrawal
- Lack Of Sleep Has Some Scary Side-Effects
- 7 Healthy Alternatives To Coffee
- Why You Should Never Use Splenda And 3 Healthy Alternatives
- The Volumetrics Diet Plan
- How To Start Working Out In The Morning
25 Proven Home Remedies To Lose Weight
Not everyone can spend hours at the gym everyday. Most people just don’t have the time or the money to do it. I know I don’t.
I haven’t belonged to a gym in years.
That doesn’t mean I haven’t been trying my best to lose weight and keep it off.
There are many little things you can do right in your own home that can help you slim down and get healthy. Below I’ve listed my favorite 25.
The 25 weight loss home remedies below are in no particular order. You can also mix and match if you’d like. You don’t have to do all of them. You could pick a few of your favorites and then implement them into your weight loss plan to improve your results.
Here is the list:
1. Make sure that at least HALF of your lunch and dinner plate is vegetables and/or fruit.
2. The perfect snack for filling up without adding a lot of calories is carrot sticks and hummus. I could eat my own weight in this.
3. Right before you start to eat set your tea pot on the stove to boil. Then, start eating dinner. When the tea pot begins to whistle, get up from the dinner table and make yourself a cup of tea. Drink the tea. You may find that you’re no longer hungry after you’ve consumed the tea.
4. Wait at least 20 minutes before you have a second helping at dinner.
5. When you’re done eating don’t clean up. Go for a nice long walk instead. Then clean up when you get back home.
6. Drink ONLY water or unsweetened tea. No soda. No juice. Just water. You will save a LOT of calories doing this.
7. Walk in place while watching television.
8. Take a walk while talking on the phone.
9. Park far away from your destination so you have to walk.
10. Drink green tea everyday. It contains substances that increase your metabolism which helps your body burn more calories.
11. Make your own healthy, fruit smoothies.
12. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. The fiber keeps you fuller longer and helps you eat less for the rest of the day.
13. Take fresh fruit and vegetables to eat as a snack at work.
14. Eat seafood. Seafood includes fish (such as salmon, tuna, and trout) and shellfish (such as crab, mussels, and oysters). Seafood has protein, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids (heart-healthy fat).
15. Always take the stairs and stand up as much as possible during the day.
16. Eat on smaller plates to make the servings look bigger (I know this sounds crazy but it works).
17. Eat as slowly as possible and chew your food. This may sound like a no-brainer but you’d be surprised how many people eat too fast.
18. Clean house if you’re bored. You can burn a decent amount of calories cleaning.
19. Don’t eat while you watch tv or read. People tend to consume MORE when doing so.
20. Brush your teeth after every single meal. This will signal your brain that mealtime is over.
21. Don’t go grocery shopping when you’re hungry. When you do go, make sure you have a specific list and you ONLY buy the foods on that list.
21. Get a steamer. Steam your vegetables instead of cooking them in butter or oil will save a lot of calories.
22. Get yourself a low calorie/low fat cookbook and stick to it. The Hungry Girl is very popular and has quite a few options to choose from.
22. Eat more of these fat burning foods: Whole grains (oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, etc.), lean meats, low-fat dairy products, lentils, hot peppers (cayenne, hot sauce), berries, grapefruit, spinach and green vegetables, beans and legumes, coffee, fish (tuna, salmon, sardines, etc.), apples, cabbage, cottage cheese, mustard, onions, sweet potatoes, tomatoes
23. Keep only food in the house that you have to prepare in order to eat. This will help prevent lazy snacking.
24. Drink a large glass of water right before dinner to help cut back on your appetite.
25. For dessert try a piece of dark chocolate (70% cacao). This will help stop your sweet tooth while helping you cut back on calories at the same time.
These home remedies will definitely help you lose weight. As I said before, try and implement as many as you can into your daily routine for best results.
5 Weight Loss Tricks You Can Do At Home