- What Is The Best Workout Machine To Lose Weight?
- The Raw Food Diet Plan
- Is Date Sugar A Healthy Alternative Sweetener?
- The Engine 2 Diet
- Going On A Diet May Have The Same Effects As Drug Withdrawal
- Lack Of Sleep Has Some Scary Side-Effects
- 7 Healthy Alternatives To Coffee
- Why You Should Never Use Splenda And 3 Healthy Alternatives
- The Volumetrics Diet Plan
- How To Start Working Out In The Morning
How Does Weight Watchers Work?
I get emails a lot asking me “how does Weight Watchers work? “ so I decided to write an article explaining exactly how this insanely popular diet plan works.
The Weight Watchers diet uses a simple points system and has quite a large support network that you can use. The only real difficulty, just like any diet, is sticking with it. But how to stick with Weight Watchers (or any diet for that matter) is for another completely separate article. Now, I’ll go over the finer points of this program so you are familiar with how it works.
How Do Weight Watchers Points Works
The PointsPlus Program
This program is based on the latest in nutritional science. The program works by factoring how your body processes food. This science combined with a robust support system accounts for the successes of those that stick with the program.
The PointsPlus program shows its users how to choose better foods, the correct portion sizes, how to maintain an energy deficit, and how to keep track of the foods you consume throught the day.
Here are the basic pillars of this program:
- Making the right, healthy choices. You will learn how to make the right choices when it comes to what foods to eat so that you can develop a healthy lifestyle.
- There are no required foods. This program does NOT tell you what foods you can and what foods you cannot eat. You are given a simple, easy to follow plan that will allow you to be satisfied with your daily food choices.
- You are given a list of Power Foods. These are foods that are healthy yet filling and will help you reach your weight loss goals.
- The best fruits and vegetables. You will be able to eat fruits and vegetables to your hearts delight. It’s not like other diets that try and regulate (or prevent you from having) certain fruits and vegetables.
The Weight Watchers Meetings
You can go to your nearest Weight Watchers center or you can follow along online. Either choice is beneficial.
If you are going to do Weight Watchers it’s advised that you do attend meetings. It’s been proven that those people who attend meetings will lose three times more than those who do not.
The Offline Meetings include:
- Weekly meetings that will focus on showing you practical strategies that you can use to help you reach your weight loss goals. You’ll be supplied with materials that show you a comprehensive, step-by-step weight loss plan.
- One of the great things about meetings is that you will be able to have interaction with trained Weight Watcher’s leaders who have lost weight with this program themselves.
- You will be able to monitor your progress with weigh-ins that are strictly confidential.
- You will also be given access to cookbooks and other tools that will help you achieve your goals.
The Online System:
- With the online system you will be given the same comprehensive weight loss guides that you would have attending the offline meetings.
- You will have access to interactive tools (such as the food and activity trackers) that will allow you to track your weight, analyze the food you eat, and monitor your exercise routines.
- You will have access to recommendations for what you should and shouldn’t eat when you go out to restaurants.
- You will have access to over 3,000 recipes and over 40,000 Weight Watchers approved food options.
- You’ll receive advice and tips for workouts that are geared to your level of fitness.
- You’ll also have access to the Weight Watchers library of strategies and access to the online store.
All in all you will have access to ALL of these things whether you do the program offline or online. It will be in your best interest to attend the meetings offline at your local Weight Watchers center because of the extra support you will receive (you will always do better when you have direct contact with other, real members and expert counselors).
You can sign up for Weight Watcher’s online or at your local center. To sign up online click here.
You can also sign up online or offline by clicking here.
You can find a local Weight Watchers Meeting place by clicking here.